Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Book Study Outline

Hey, glad you found us! Starting tonight, and for the next 11 weeks, we will be meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 201 to discuss James Dobsons' book, Bringing up Boys.

This post is to outline the chapters we will be discussing in the coming weeks. We encourage you to read the chapters outlined before coming! But don't let that keep you...come even if you haven't read.

Tonight (6/10) - Ch. 1 "The Wonderful World of Boys"
& Ch. 2 "Vive la Diference"

Wed, June 17 - Ch. 3 "So What IS the Difference?"
& Ch. 4 "Wounded Spirits"

Wed, June 25 - Ch. 5 "The Essential Father"
& Ch. 6 "Fathers & Sons"

Wed, July 2 - Ch. 7 "Mothers and Sons"

Wed, July 9 - Ch. 8 "Chasing the Caterpillar"

Wed, July 16 - Ch. 9 "The Origins of Homosexuality"
& Ch. 10 "Single Parents & Grandparents"

Wed, July 23 - Ch. 11 "Let's Go For It!"
& Ch. 12 "Men R Fools"

Wed, July 30 - Ch. 13 "Boys in School"
& Ch. 14 "Predators"

Wed, August 6 - Ch. 15 "Staying Close"
& Ch. 16 "Disciplining Boys"

Wed, August 13 - Ch. 17 "The Ultimate Priority"

Wed, August 20 - Mother/Son Party...details to come!

Hope you can join us for all or some of the meetings on Wednesday nights! If not, I hope you can join us via this blog...I will post every Thursday morning on the questions/comments that came up in our disussions the night before and will welcome your input as well via the blog. Look forward to all the good learning to come!

1 comment:

Chris and Nanita said...

I am so sad I will not be able to be part of this physically. A friend asked us to be part of a couple's study at their church and I said yes, well they ended up being on the same night. So I look forward to being a part of this study like this. Thanks for doing this jaime. I am really looking forward to this.